1. I want a pair of Steve Madden Intyce boots in Cognac.
2. My favorite food is honey toast.
3. The thing that consistently terrorizes my mind is the fact that I feel too busy to write.
4. I’ve always thought that the most romantic thing in the world would be to have a song written about me.
5. If there were two things I really wish I could get paid to do, it would be reading or writing.
6. I generally hate confrontation, but if you say something about a book or a movie that I disagree with, I get crazy.
7. Hot tea is my favorite beverage. Jasmine, Lady Gray, and Vanilla Red are my favorite favorites. Tazo Calm used to hold the top spot, but I overdosed.
8. I’ve been subscribed to Rolling Stone. I don’t know who did it. I don’t know why anyone would do it. Sometimes I make a cup of tea, clear out 30 minutes and savor a new issue, just like it was Real Simple or something.
9. I like Mable so much that it kind of shocks me. I wonder if it’s even healthy.
10. I was a really, really bossy older sister.
11. My role model is the tax-collector who prayed for mercy.
12. Theologically speaking I don’t believe that God has one course for my life or that He tells me what to do in specific instances. Experientially, I can look back and see that I have been led to the right husband, the right church…even the right dog.
13. It’s really really really really really really REALLY really really REALLY really really hard for me to stay awake if I’m sleepy.
14. Nothing bores me as quickly as politics.
15. I feel guilty for not watching the news.
16. My marriage is a constantly morphing, forever surprising, mind-clouding adventure ride.
17. One day I would like to write a book about Johannes Brahms’ lifelong friendship with Robert and Clara Schumann.
18. Right now I’m making chicken noodle soup and whole wheat biscuits. When I’m finished, Logan and I are going to eat supper while watching “Winter’s Passing”. It’s icy outside.
19. I’m not a good planner and it’s kind of on purpose.
20. My favorite car is the Nissan Murano.
21. Captain’s Courageous, Les Miserables, Little Women, and The Patriot are all movies that have made me cry really hard for a really long time.
22. Something about my brain can’t wrap itself around violence done to children.
23. My nieces and nephews are the world’s cutest children.
24. There is a photograph of Logan smiling at me on our wedding day that helps me understand the love of God.
25. April 15th stresses me out.